On Aug 13, 4:43 pm, Hernan Liendo <hernan.lie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> MemCache.getAll(keys) method could work if you know the keys. Using sharded
> keys you could reach them all.

I wrote a simple test application for memcache earlier. I managed to
collect 1k keys reliably for my simple test application, and I would
bet that 10k keys would be no problem. The problem is the amount of
data in the value. If you just wanted to store scores, that would be
fine, but IIRC the original poster needed to store a lot more data
than just scores.

On Aug 13, 4:43 pm, Hernan Liendo <hernan.lie...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Monday, August 13, 2012 3:10:17 AM UTC-3, Jeff Schnitzer wrote:
> > The problem is pretty easily stated:  Collect 10k score submissions in
> > 5s and be able to provide a sorted leaderboard 5s later.  GAE does not
> > offer any practical facility capable of accomplishing this.
>
> Yeah, that's right :(

Personally, I'd like to see memcache made more reliable, and more
guarantees added to it (and I would have no problem paying more).
Right now memcache is "Well, it's there, but it could go out at any
time."