By *guaranteed*, do you mean that this should be kept synchronized across
multiple data centers? I ask because in the case of a data center
emergency, your app spins up at a different data center. The HR datastore
is always in sync, the memcache is always local to the DC.
Comparing the put-latency of the datastore and memcache for the last few
days, the datastore generally keeps under 50 ms while memcache tends to
stay below 30 ms. I'd say the datastore isn't so bad, and adding sync to
memcache would probably bring that number up a bit. At that point, this new
feature is starting to look a bit like the current HR datastore. Add
properties for insertion date/time etc, and it could be a queue, right?

I don't mean to shoot you down, but to make you specify what it really is
you want, and how it relates to the current offering.