On Sun, Sep 09, 2012 at 06:27:59PM -0700, Jim McCabe wrote:
     Here is my question - if Google Apps is currently pointing to the old app
     (foo.appspot.com), but I delete that app in the App Engine console, will
     the alias continue to forward web requests to the new app
     (foo-hrd.appspot.com)?  In other words, since Google Apps appears to be
     permanently wired to the old app,  will I lose all hosting if I delete the
     old app?

In my recent conversions from master/slave to high replication, the
migration tool automatically rerouted traffic to the new app id. There
was some indication near the bottom(?) of the migration area that the
old app id was disabled and forwarding external requests to the new app
id.

However, if you communicated foo.appspot.com directly to your users then
you would need to re-communicate the foo-hd.appspot.com. Or if you are
masking the appspot domain with your own CNAME, then you would need to
modify that CNAME to point to foo-hrd.appspot.com.

Mike