We've seen some Deadline Exceeded Exceptions cropping up on loading
requests again. This used to be commonplace (a couple of years ago), but I
haven't seen it for a long time... until recently.

Has anyone else seen this lately? We're seeing it on Py2.7. Normally, these
apps warmup in a couple of seconds, so 60-70s startup times are completely
abnormal.

Worse, when this occurs during a loading request, the instance is left in a
"partially inflated" state - in our case, basically all subsequent requests
fail with import/pythonpath issues. Our recourse, once we discover this is
happening, is to manually kill the instance. This really, really sucks.

Can anyone make an argument why you would *want* to keep an instance that
Deadline Exceeded Exceptions on a loading request? I can't. I think an
instance that hits a Deadline Exceeded Exception during a loading request
should be thrown away as suspect.