Have you tried increasing the bucket_size above the default value of 5
and/or the processing rate above 5/s?  I'm not saying there isn't a bug...
I'm just curious if there's a workaround or if perhaps the problem is
triggered by exceeding some threshold from which task queue manager never
properly recovers.