I had some TransientError issues when using queues in iterative loops. The
fix (workaround) that has eliminated the issue was to nest the iterative
queue command inside a try/except. If there is a transient error, the
handler does one time.sleep(0.1) command, and retries. If the error
re-occurs, then the g.t. one sleep cycle error handling escalates. (And
yes, I really, really hated to do burn up 100 cpu millis, but was
desperate. Since TEs were infrequent, the overall resource waste proved de
minimus.) To date this has fixed my transient errors. Never have had a TE
outside of such loops. As with everything, YMMV. HTH -stevep