On Friday, March 22, 2013 12:35:37 PM UTC-4, Kaan Soral wrote:

> No one forces anyone to use anything, you can always use previous versions
> of SDK/Devappserver
>
> They've stated why It's currently not possible to debug with
> devappserver2, as someone watching the development of devappserver2
> closely, I'm sure they will come up with a way to satisfy your debugging
> needs in future - if possible
>
> I think the illogical-thing to do, at this point, is to bundle the latest
> version of Devappserver1 with SDK and provide it as an option, but
> depreciate it at the same time, would solve all current problems
>
> ( Apart from all this, as a personal opinion: I've never used a debugger,
> used many languages, I find print/log statements much more useful,
> especially with a language like python )

Personal opinion: using a debugger is fun, give it a try :-)

You're right that I can still use the previous version, and I will do that
until they remove it or fix this. But from statements in this post and in
the issue tracker, I get the feeling that "fix this" will mean adding a few
hooks and then letting us all figure it out on our own. I don't think thats
a good option.

Even if you don't use them, debuggers are pretty important to writing
programs. So I want to express my opinion to the good folks at google that
an out-of-the-box, no-fancy-IDE debugging solution (kinda like pdb) should
be part of the appengine SDK.