On Sun, Mar 31, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Daniel Gandsjö <gand...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I need to find out how I can get the exact coordinates of an IP address..
> I've looked at many forum and sites but that pages have only given me the
> server address, I need to get the correct location.
> I'm running a code on my localhost that I've copied to study a little, the
> page I copied from are no longer running but it works on my localhost and
> the thing is when I run the page easy called locateme.html then the browser
> simply say "localhost:29XXX wants to use your computers location" I click
> allow and get my computers exact location on the map.
>
> I just can't figure out how I can use this to get the location of any
> other IP-address

If you had location-finding code that worked on your localhost, you are
most likely referring to the HTML5 GeoLocation API: Example:
http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_geolocation.asp#gsc.tab=0
 Documentation: http://dev.w3.org/geo/api/spec-source.html This works on
all recent browsers, although depending on permission settings, the user
may have to explicitly grant the webpage permission to use the GeoLocation
service (for instance, I'm typing this on my iPad and it requires my
permission before webpages get my location info). It should be noted that
the HTML5 API works completely client-side; just javascript, no server side
code whatsoever.

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM, Andrin von Rechenberg <and...@miumeet.com>
 wrote:

> AppEngine adds some cool Geo IP headers to all requests from all clients.
> Here is an example:

If you don't want to use HTML5 Geolocation for whatever reason, AppEngine's
GeoIP service is a good alternative. It should be noted that it's a
separate and distinct from the HTML5 service though. See documentation
here:
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/runtime#Request_Headers