The resident is there to absorb *spikes* in traffic, not to handle standard
traffic operations. In an *ideal* world, what should be happening is that
you start out with resident instances. Traffic comes in, then the scheduler
kicks up a dynamic instance while simultaneously directing some traffic to
resident instances to process. Once the dynamics are up, then the requests
go to the dynamic instances while residents return to idle. It doesn't
always work that way, but that's the general idea.

Can you double check your logs, and specifically look at the instance id
that is recorded on each log? Sometimes it can look like the dynamic
instance is handling the request, when in reality the resident is handling
the request; the simultaneous processes can sometimes confuse people.

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

@GOV on AppDotNet: https://alpha.app.net/gov