The view logs link in the instances screen does not show logs or is broken.
 Hence, you cannot find out which instance served the traffic.

-Aswath

On Thu, Apr 4, 2013 at 10:59 PM, Vinny P <vinny...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The resident is there to absorb *spikes* in traffic, not to handle
> standard traffic operations. In an *ideal* world, what should be
> happening is that you start out with resident instances. Traffic comes in,
> then the scheduler kicks up a dynamic instance while simultaneously
> directing some traffic to resident instances to process. Once the dynamics
> are up, then the requests go to the dynamic instances while residents
> return to idle. It doesn't always work that way, but that's the general
> idea.
>
> Can you tell where is this documented?  Whey should the resident instance
be idle, and the traffic served by dynamic instance, with resident instance
being idle.
What is the use of the pending latency setting in the Application Settings.
I have set it to 4sec - automatic.  With this setting, I understand that,
if there is a request waiting in the queue for less than 4s, then it should
be served by the resident instance.  There is no need to create a new
instance, and getting charged for the new instance hours.