This has come up a number of times in the past. Timestamps are based on the
clock on the server running your Python code. Google makes no official
guarantees about clock skew in the cluster, although presumably they are
all NTP synchronized. In practice, 30s of overlap is going to work 99.9% of
the time. I wouldn't trust anything less than 10s through - people I trust
have observed multiple seconds of skew in the system.

Jeff