Tom,
This is great news.  I have one lingering problem as a result of the Files
API Bug.  Before the Files API fix, I had persisted the file service urls
whilst I had been writing to them, and then finalized them successfully.
But, because of this bug I couldn't retrieve a blobstore key by passing
these urls to BlobKey.getKeyString().   btw, I'm not using java MapReduce ,
just the App Engine Files API and Blobstore).  Is there a way I can somehow
retrieve my finalized blobstore files which aren't appearing in my App
Engine dashboard Blobstore viewer?  If I start with a new file, I see them
appear, but this is now after the Files API bug fix, I presume.  Thanks for
any thoughts.  -Eric