Hi all,

I have never used the app engine memcache before, so I would like to double
check that I understand how expiration works.

I maintain a bit of state in memcache for each client, and I want the state
to hang around as long as the client is alive, but go away after
that. Reading the docs suggests that expiration is solely determined by
insertion/update operations, so my client does a periodic .cas() on the
state to move the expiration deadline forward.

Is this a sensible implementation on app engine? My app is in Python if
that makes a difference.

The background is that clients poll for new events posted on the server.
New events are inserted in event queues in memcache for each client, with a
fallback of reading the events from datastore.
--
Pertti