The main thing to remember is memcache on appengine is not reliable,
Despite any deadline you set, items in memcache can be purged/removed by
google infrastructure at any point and you have no control over that.
 Having said that relatively short periods 30 minutes for expiration tend
to be ok. Though some times apps have at times very short life spans for
data in memcache