Hello Alexis,
On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Alexis Larry <ala...@google.com> wrote:

> How can I make it redirect to the Google sign in page and continue to
> redirect to the log in page if signed in under the wrong domain.

Sometimes this error occurs when you're signed in under multiple Google
accounts (for instance, a personal Google account, and a Google Apps custom
account). Make sure you're doing your testing within Incognito mode of
Chrome, or similar.

On Thu, Jun 27, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Alexis Larry <ala...@google.com> wrote:

> My yaml file has the following but it still won't work.
>
> - url: .*
>
>   script: main.app
>
>   login: required
>
>   auth_fail_action: redirect

It's difficult to fully debug this problem without seeing the full YAML
file. However, when I implemented this feature in a client's application, I
used a custom login page that used UserService (
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/javadoc/com/google/appengine/api/users/UserService
)
to examine the user's currently logged in status and whether the current
login was an acceptable login (whether the login had been whitelisted,
etc). If the user wasn't appropriate (or wasn't logged in) I sent them a
logout URL (there's a function for that in UserService) and/or redirected
them to a Google Apps signin page (for instance,
google.com/a/customdomain.here ).

Disclaimer: I see from your @google.com email address that you're a Google
employee. I do not work for Google, I'm simply a friendly guy who posts on
this list frequently. Please do not send me or post any confidential Google
code, this is a public list. Also, I don't want to get myself into trouble
with the App Engine people.  ( Of course, you know this already, I just
wanted to state it publicly just in case. Feel free to ignore this
section/call me a moron.)