This is a very common problem for me.

I was super used to varnish on normal servers. With appengine it's very
hard because the page will never be as fast as varnish if you use memcache.

I tried emulating a reverse proxy with cloudfront, but they don't cache
HTML. The problem here is very simple:
- How to cache html content on a CDN or PageSpeed, allowing logged-in users
to see the non cached content.

I guess I will have try PageSpeed next. Any suggestions of good CDN that
does this? I use maxcdn at the moment.

thanks
rafa