I am trying to make my website all SSL, and thought things will be fairly
simple. I buy a wildcard certificate from a provider(rapidSSL in my case),
and simply install it to my domain, and the only money I will be paying
will be to rapidSSL.

Then I read about SNI and VIP options that google provides. Looks like if I
want my website to work on most browsers and OS(including XP) I will need
to buy VIP($39/month) option on top of the rapidSSL. Is this the only way
where I need to pay for SSL and VIP, or is there a way I pay only one of
them to make the website allSSL?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dhrumil