I've digged further into the issue, happens on projects that has "Cloud
Console" billing enabled

After I enable the billing, it starts throwing "*The account for the
specified project has been disabled.*" errors for anything

GCS read/write gets disabled, can't create any buckets, however projects
that don't have billing enabled works