Hello,

There is a lot of ways of doing and securing your application.

GAE has an
UserService<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/gettingstarted/usingusers>
 and
easy tutorials the get it rolling. You have security
constrains<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/webxml#Security_and_Authentication>as
 well, that can secure the urls you want and the only thing you need is
to define them in your web.xml
To secure services i would use
Filters<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/config/webxml#Filters>rather
 than implementing the security in each servlet doGet/doPost, this
way you have all security centralized and the same for all servlets calls.

Cheers!