Partial copy of appcfg.py's output....last line is what you want
appcfg.py set_default_version .

JacobAirOne:tapnexus jacob$ appcfg.py
Usage: appcfg.py [options] <action>

Action must be one of:
  backends: Perform a backend action.
  backends configure: Reconfigure a backend without stopping it.
  backends delete: Delete a backend.
  backends list: List all backends configured for the app.
  backends rollback: Roll back an update of a backend.
  backends start: Start a backend.
  backends stop: Stop a backend.
  backends update: Update one or more backends.
  create_bulkloader_config: Create a bulkloader.yaml from a running
application.
  cron_info: Display information about cron jobs.
  download_app: Download a previously-uploaded app.
  download_data: Download entities from datastore.
  help: Print help for a specific action.
  list_versions: List all uploaded versions for an app.
  request_logs: Write request logs in Apache common log format.
  resource_limits_info: Get the resource limits.
  rollback: Rollback an in-progress update.
  set_default_version: Set the default (serving) version.

Jacob Taylor
CTO, Kahuna
(650) 302-1864
www.useKahuna.com <http://www.usekahuna.com/>