Can I point how how silly this is? You let us create entities with keys
with non-UTF8 characters. Then you refuse to index them. To get those
indexed, we have to issues a special request by email (a process that is
nowhere documented excepted in the mailing list archives if you're lucky
enough to find it). Same when we want to delete indexes. I am not aware of
any documentation that says "if you create entities with non-UTF8 keys,
they will not be indexed". Until recently, both python ndb and go datastore
allowed these entities to be created, so one system was allowed to produce
data that broke another system. These badly keyed entities are nowhere
listed or flagged. The only way I'm aware of to find these entities is to
iterate over the entire entity set and run a non-obvious function to see if
they are safe. Determining what to do with them at this point is hard,
because they were already created, and changing keys in the datastore is
problematic due ancestry and whatnot. I'm very happy that now python ndb
and go datastore prevent these entities from being created, but the
handling of existing entities could be greatly improved. Similarly, the
index situation could display errors or trigger emails instead of
floundering in a working state that will never and and over which we have
no control.