Hello again,

For clarification on you last statment: *The goal is to store data from
that project in GCS.*

You can create a new entire project in GCS that has nothing related to your
ABC project, and give that project permissions to your GCS buckets thorugh
the GCS ACLs. The only thing you need is to gather the Service Account Name
from you ABC's AppEngine console under "Application Settings". Its looks
like abc-proj...@appspot.gserviceaccount.com. Take that email and give it
permissions in the GCS bucket you want to store your files.

Good luck!