RE. google.appengine.api.yaml_errors.EmptyConfigurationFil:

3 days i hardly try find solution, reinstall appengine, django nonrel, even
python.
Try to build minimal functional environment, everython failed. Error
google.appengine.api.yaml_errors.EmptyConfigurationFile again and again.

Every other indicies point that file app.yaml is empty but, of course it
was't.
I was very frustrated untill I found post
http://melange-dev.blogspot.cz/2010/06/gsoc-2010-melange-testing-project-week.html

which localize the problem at corupted .appcfg_nag file.
I newer heard about this file before.
After that I found empty file c:\.appcfg_nag where normal user cannot
write, only administrator. I also find another I .appcfg_nag under admin
Documents and Settings. I delete that files with admin account and
everything run OK after that.

Why the hell app engine write something to c:\  ???