On Friday, December 20, 2013 12:54:06 PM UTC-5, barryhunter wrote:

> On 20 December 2013 17:38, Gary Mort <gary...@gmail.com <javascript:>>wrote:
>

> So by using Google Storage you get the speed of Memcached AND the
>> dependability of Google Storage.
>>

> Yes. That's good way.

I was planning on using Datastore to store my session data and using shared
Memcached to speed up lookups.  But since Google built the functionality
into the PHP stream handler, it just doesn't make a lot of sense to do so.
   Especially since there seem to be some problems with using the Datastore
that way[the SDK emulates Google Storage using the Datastore but for some
reason it is not able to retrieve the data it stores there. ]