+1  I've always said SSL on GAE should be free... Google should encourage
secure connections.  App Engine has us surrounded with enough other toll
booths that charging for SSL seems completely unnecessary.  It sets the
baseline cost artificially high for apps that want to use a custom domain
(I have to believe most apps want security these days with their custom
domain).

 - Doug