You can't expect that requests of one user are always served by the same
instance, so you cannot rely on a hash map that is local to a single vm.
Instead you should use memcache backed by the datastore. There is a nice
library that does all the magic:
http://code.google.com/p/stick-cache/

Best regards,
Stephan