Hey PK - we definitely realise that SSL is important. Knowing how critical
it is to support custom domains without Google Apps though, we wanted to
release support for that first rather than have everyone wait until SSL was
ready.

Andrew Jessup | Product Manager, Google Cloud Platform | jes...@google.com