On Thu, May 15, 2014 at 12:10 PM, ajoy sinha <ajoysinha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have billing enabled for this GAE project. I have already 3 USD billed on
> it. I will not be able to use Cloud SQL qithout billing activated. I have
> found I need to do a shoutdown of instance at
> console.developers.google.com/project/apps~cwdataproject/…
> <https://console.developers.google.com/project/apps~cwdataproject/appengine/instances>
>

> and then on the very next request it is restarting the instance and send the
> proper response back. But if i kept idle for one hour without any request.
> then from then onwards I am not getting any response back. again I have to
> restart the instance to get the response back.
>
> And these behaviour is observing for those seervices which are intaresting
> with cloud sql database. there are two
> services which are not interesting with database, those are working always

It sounds like your instances aren't getting responses back from Cloud SQL
fast enough. What I'd do is schedule a cron to repeatedly access the Cloud
SQL instance, thereby keeping it warm for other requests. Then you can
retry your application's usual requests.

To save money, you can shut off the cron schedules after your work session.