On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Kay <kaymav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Basically I need someone to please help me with making my website (which
> is just 5 pages with text and inputs - its realy small) store user agent
> info and the ip address in a database (datastore). A script and direction
> on how to implement it would be really useful, but any form of help will be
> greatly appreciated. I will need the database to store the info in separate
> columns so I can access the info in a flexible way.
>
> On request, I will gladly provide you with the link  to the website and
> the main.py file if you think that will help.

Hi Kay,

You can just attach the main.py file and send it to this mailing list. But
essentially what you'd want to do is look up the requesting header "
*User-Agent*" and the IP address via remote_addr
<https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/python/tools/webapp/requestclass#Request_remote_addr>.
Then you can save any form information and the IP/user-agent into the
datastore - see an example of form data being saved here:
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-guestbook-python