Well PHP runtime doesnt actully have direct access to the DataStore right
now :)

Have to proxy it though say the Cloud Datastore.
https://developers.google.com/datastore/

Which is then just an exercise in accessing a remote API.
https://gae-php-tips.appspot.com/2013/12/23/getting-started-with-the-cloud-datastore-on-php-app-engine/

But frankly storing images in the datastore, is probably not the best
practice.

Using Google Cloud Storage would be better.
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/php/googlestorage/