Thanks a lot for the support, j and HG, it's great to hear I'm not the only
one

Jason, it makes sense to let some queues retry indefinitely, I initially
had only 1 retries, as I thought those retries for user failures, than I
moved onto my current config, as it's extremely unlikely that 6 retries
with backoffs could be exhausted, however it seems they can be, similarly,
there is a possibility that, the issue might also occur with indefinite
retries too, it's still not 100% certain internal retry failures are the
cause, although several engineers claimed they were (I generally try to
avoid indefinite retries, as they might produce serious side effects)

The conversation that I learned about the retry behaviour was with:
hanssens[t]google.com titled "TaskQueue Followup" on 3/22/14 (He was very
helpful, thanks)

You can't see these issues from the logs, yet you can see them as 5xx
spikes from the error logs (most of the time)

(By the way, this specific instance of the issue cost me almost 200$'s -
I'm constantly running and inspecting routines that trigger many entities,
costs a lot, I initially decided to use basic_scaling to prevent
instance/cost spikes, limit instances, yet basic_scaling made the issue
worse somehow)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/047eaae6-f6b4-44ad-a95a-b993ab2a4aad%40googlegroups.com.