For me the way I noticed it was by chance, also it seems it happened many
times unnoticed.
I was running a task for each namespace and each task would send an email.
I noticed I received less emails than number of namespaces. I looked at
logs there and couldn't find any errors nor even any evidence of these
tasks ever executing, also i am sure they were sent to queue. As for max
retries param, I believe I had a max set to 2-3.

Thanks

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/275d8af0-b49f-4157-ab3a-164c82e57693%40googlegroups.com.