On Sat, Apr 11, 2015 at 9:46 PM, Abhishek Jaiswal <abhi169j...@gmail.com>
 wrote:

> I am creating a google app engine project which aim is to convert ppt/pptx
> file slides to images and store these images in blobstore, i am using
> apache POI XMLSlideShow class to read slides, since the converion uses
> java.awt package which is not supported in app engine

As Jim said, you can and should try Google Compute Engine
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/>. But you should also look at Managed
VMs  <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/managed-vms/>and try to run
Apache POI there. You specifically mentioned the java.awt package: the
Managed VMs demo application (
https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/appengine-java-vm-guestbook-extras )
 uses the java.awt package and it runs successfully.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CALSvALA-Lz%3D15SHFxku5FiB94sD4RfO6zbB%3DT7fMT-iaVyvGBw%40mail.gmail.com.