Chris - with the improvements you're suggesting to Managed VMs (20 sec
deploys, <1 sec instance startup time) - will it be recommended to use
Managed VMs to serve frontend traffic? Right now they seem to be more
targetted to backend processing because of the slow scaling.

If this is true, and you are targeting it to serve front end traffic, does
that mean we'll be able to deploy Managed VMs to our default modules,
perform traffic splitting, access the logging api's and realtime api's,
etc? These are the things that have been traditionally missing from managed
vms.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/fcb86987-5dc0-4c98-b29d-56268f041ae6%40googlegroups.com.