There are many great suggestions that are already made on this thread, but
I would like to concentrate on a single and extremely important aspect:
*Support*

There are many edge issues of App Engine, or any product in general, yet
with App Engine, these issues are almost never acknowledged and solved
properly, we generally have to work around them for years, examples:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/GIRRoBxQZMo -
Issue ignored + Thread closed - No freedom of speech either
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/google-appengine/2O87iU8ySCM - A
similar but recent issue, All I see in my logs are these errors, yet no one
helps me, no one can help me, there is no channel that I can request for
support

I'm not going to pay for support for a product that I'm already paying
considerable amounts, the support packages are also too complicated, unclear

What we need is a new/structured purpose-built community both for issue
tracking, support and help, which is both community based, google-backed
and open (or simply some dedication to issues here and bugs in general, at
min)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/849a05ac-b49d-4648-9d39-9d686d3092ae%40googlegroups.com.