On Thursday, April 30, 2015 at 1:10:23 PM UTC-7, Waleed wrote:

> Another update. It seems that the issue is happening in App Engine release
> 1.9.20. Some of the instances in my app are on this release, and others are
> on the previous 1.9.19. We didn't a full scan, but based on manual
> inspection it seems that all the errors are happening on requests that are
> on the 1.9.20 release.

nice sleuthing! i can confirm that app engine 1.9.19 doesn't exhibit this
behavior. my app was rolled back to 1.9.19 earlier today, and i'm now able
to post a tweet with the problematic characters again.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/af18fba1-e46b-4705-be37-6dd18b45e137%40googlegroups.com.