Now you have me even more confused ;-)

Is there anything in the TOS that I should pay particular attention to? I
just re-read it and don't see anything unusual. My application is an
ecommerce site serving a particular niche; partners set up shops in our
application using their own domain. Something like Shopify.

Our onboarding process is fairly high-touch so going through the domain
verification process manually is not prohibitive. However, not having a
coherent view of what domains are mapped to our application could be a
serious problem. The domains will not be Google Apps domains.

It sounds like, for now, the only way to get "the truth" from the Custom
Domains page is to always have all domains added/removed by a single Google
user account, and only look at that page from that account. Right? It seems
crazy but ok. Would it help if I opened a public issue to track this, or is
the internal issue enough?

I read the documentation for the Google+ Domains API and I am only more
confused - it does not seem relevant to my application. Am I missing
something?

Yep, had that issue starred for years... long enough to see the major
progress you guys have made separating GAE from Google Apps. I know you get
a lot of flak for the slow progress, but I do appreciate that the current
situation is vastly better than it was in 2012. Fortunately I wasn't trying
to run a whitelabel service in 2012 :)

Thanks,
Jeff

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CADK-0ujssYg_xx34L7eKF-qh8F3%2Bj4mZrTDVyOWX%2BJ4LWpyaOg%40mail.gmail.com.