So to keep the public thread updated (in case someone stumbles) Ken
confirms to using those downloads.

I've therefore created an issue tracker about this (link here
<https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=12181>) and as
you can see, we are aware of the issue, it is now being tracked, and we
will be working on fixing this soon.

As a side note, this really just affects the version counter, not the
content of the SDK in any way

Cheers!

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/e5563cc0-3968-40bc-be9c-3356eabe0fc1%40googlegroups.com.