New console is visually appealing, and it's nice to have access to various
GCP services (other than AppEngine) all in one place. That said, I still
often use old AppEngine console (https://appengine.google.com/) in
conjunction with the new one, for a variety of reasons:

   - On large projects (>1000 AppEngine instances) the new console
   AppEngine Instances page never finishes loading. The corresponding page in
   the old console (https://appengine.google.com/instances) takes time, but it
   usually loads completely.
   - Again on large projects (>1000 AppEngine instances) the new console
   AppEngine Dashboard page loads only partially. The top chart and the
   Resouce Usage table do get loaded, but the breakdown of Current load by URI
   (table with Requests rate last minute, Requests last 24 hours, etc) never
   gets loaded. This works fine on small projects, but fails on projects with
   many instances running. Again, old console works better here.
   - Old console is faster to load, and dashboard graphs seem to have
   higher resolution (time density of points). If I just deployed a new
   version and want to see the impact of the new deployment in dashboard
   graphs within minutes of the deployment, I generally use old console
   because changes show up sooner. Yes, old console is mostly web 1.0 and
   requires page reload to refresh the graph, but the trend usually becomes
   visible in the old console well before it becomes visible in the new one.

Regards,
-Drago

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/b534aec9-72a5-4994-aa3a-d8c46e1d4d45%40googlegroups.com.