Seconding Jon here - if you can upload a minimal reproducing example of
your app along with some system information such as installed pip packages,
the PYTHONPATH environment variable, printing sys.path in the code of your
app, etc., it would massively aid in being able to determine the root cause.

Thanks!

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

On Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at 4:33:13 PM UTC-4, Anand Atreya wrote:

> It looks like the protobuf pip package conflicts with webapp2. I
> temporarily resolved the issue by uninstalling all google python packages
> (gcloud, protobuf, googleapis-common-protos) which allows webapp2 to work
> again. Reinstalling protobuf breaks it. Unfortunately I need webapp2 to
> work while protobuf is installed.
>
> This seems like an issue that Google should address - can you look into it?
>
> On Wednesday, May 11, 2016 at 1:07:11 PM UTC-7, Nick (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>>
>> Hey Ted,
>>
>> This sounds like an issue which would be better posted to a forum
>> designed for specific-issue technical support such as Stack Overflow
>> <http://stackoverflow.com>. However, before doing so, you should be sure
>> to gather enough information that the people on the other end of the
>> internet will be able to adequately begin thinking about the issue. For
>> example, you might want to include the following information:
>>
>> * Is this happening in production or the development environment?
>>
>> * What is the full stack trace?
>>
>> * If it's in development, how are you running the project?
>>
>> You can feel free to reply either here or on Stack Overflow but I
>> recommend posting to Stack Overflow for the reason that there are many more
>> users there who can potentially assist with an issue like this.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nick
>> Cloud Platform Community Support
>>
>> On Monday, May 9, 2016 at 4:23:45 PM UTC-4, Ted Roden wrote:
>>>
>>> I just upgraded to 1.9.37 and now when I start the app I'm getting this
>>> error:

>>> Nothing else has changed.
>>>
>>> I thought perhaps Google stopped bundling it, so I did a "pip install
>>> webapp2," but that didn't help (I've since removed that).
>>>
>>> Any ideas on what's going on?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/7a4a65e3-ddad-4e0e-9b3d-d23d8ee48799%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine] I... Ted Roden
    • [google-appengi... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-app... Anand Atreya
      • [google-app... Anand Atreya
        • [google... 'Jon Parrott' via Google App Engine
        • [google... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • [go... Anand Atreya
            • ... 'Nick (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Stephen Cagle
                • ... 'Jon Parrott' via Google App Engine
                • ... Matthieu Rouget
                • ... 'Jon Parrott' via Google App Engine
                • ... Michael Nadel
                • ... 'Jon Parrott' via Google App Engine
              • ... srinivas balivada
                • ... 'Iaroslav Karandashev' via Google App Engine