Is there any updates on this topic?
I have faced the same issue

 from google.appengine.ext import webapp
  File "google3/tools/autopar/zipimport_modern.py", line 536, in load_module
  File "google3/tools/autopar/zipimport_modern.py", line 842, in
LoadPythonModule
  File
"google3/apphosting/tools/devappserver2/google_appengine/google/appengine/ext/webapp/__init__.py",

line 199, in <module>
    from webapp2 import *
ImportError: No module named webapp2
INFO:root:default: "GET / HTTP/1.1" 500 -

On Tuesday, July 26, 2016 at 1:31:17 PM UTC-7, srinivas balivada wrote:

> Hello Sir,
>
> Can you please help  me how to solve this issue ,
>
> "No module named webapp2"
>
> Regards and Thanks,
> Srinivas B
>
> On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 4:26:43 PM UTC-4, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)
> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the detailed reply.
>>
>> I'll forward this information to the SDK developers and see if they can
>> make use of the report. For your case, I'd recommend installing python
>> packages to a folder in your app, not system-wide, via "pip -t install", or
>> virtualenv <https://virtualenv.pypa.io/en/latest/>, as this may resolve
>> the issue of not being able to find system-level modules due to the way the
>> SDK is altering the path. Let me know if that works out or not in the
>> meantime.
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Nick
>> Cloud Platform Community Support
>>
>> On Friday, May 20, 2016 at 3:27:54 PM UTC-4, Anand Atreya wrote:
>>>
>>> I can't upload a minimal version of the app right now, but I did some
>>> poking around since the problem occurred in 1.9.37 and doesn't occur in
>>> 1.9.34, and the problem appears to be due to this change in
>>> _python_runtime.py:
>>>
>>> $ diff 1.9.37/_python_runtime.py 1.9.34/_python_runtime.py
>>>
>>> 72,75d71
>>>
>>> <   if 'google' in sys.modules:
>>>
>>> <     google_path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'google')
>>>
>>> <     google_module = sys.modules['google']
>>>
>>> <     google_module.__path__.append(google_path)
>>>
>>> 78c74,77
>>>
>>> <     google_module.__file__ = google_path
>>>
>>> ---

>>> If I copy the old version of this file over the new one, the error goes
>>> away. The relevant pip packages that I have installed are gcloud
>>> (0.14.0), googleapis-common-protos (1.1.0), protobuf (3.0.0b3). Again, if I
>>> uninstall these, the problem also goes away. PYTHONPATH is empty.
>>>

>>> The differences in sys.path (printed just before the failing webapp2
>>> import statement) are:
>>>
>>> Working: [..., '/Users/aatreya/1.9.34/lib/pycrypto-2.6',
>>> '/Users/aatreya/1.9.34/lib/webapp2-2.5.2',
>>> '/Users/aatreya/1.9.34/lib/protorpc-1.0',
>>> '/Users/aatreya/1.9.34/lib/webob-1.1.1',

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/941a59cd-45a8-4e17-95c3-b726ec89910d%40googlegroups.com.