I remember the days I cared about these metrics. Now I take this lack of
progress as granted and work around the issues. Franky, I am happy every day
that I have not received the dreaded  GAE deprecation e-mail. Unless of course
they have already started deprecating GAE the long way: one service at a time.

Of course the sad thing is that this path is a self fulfilling prophecy,
because the developers will not feel comfortable to start other projects or to
recommend GAE to others. So eventually they will look at the number of the
issues and the number of the remaining customers and they will say: "Our goal
is to continue to do a better job of delivering reliable, performant, and full
featured services. This means deprecating those APIs that have little to zero
usage on our system to free up resources for newer, better performing products.”

It is sad because I am so happy with GAE otherwise, but because of the
uncertainty I just cannot see myself starting other projects or recommending it
to others.

PK

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/AD9FD6B8-D48E-4AA3-9DE8-5E102B9AAEE4%40gae123.com.