Thank you for the extensive answer. Now I understand, what I got wrong. I
referred to:

https://service-dot-app-id.appspot.com
http://service.my-custom-domain.com

and registered service.my-custom-domain.com to my AppEngine, but you only had
to register my-custom-domain. With registering service.my-custom-domain.com the
actual url becomes
service.service.my-custom-domain.com. Maybe that could be explained more
clearly in the How Requests are Routed section. Anyway, thank you!

Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2016 17:04:43 UTC+1 schrieb Jordan (Cloud
Platform Support):

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3e3d5969-6a89-433a-88e4-3f26bea962b7%40googlegroups.com.