I have been experimenting with some of the Google Examples, which I have to
say is a bit of a nightmare!

I'm following the example here
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/appidentity/ to
retrieve an access token on the develoment server (MacOS Sierra) using
Pycharm.

I have indeed setup a service account on the Cloud Console, something you
have to scrape around to find out for yourself and it is being retrieved
correctly via

app_identity.get_service_account_name()

However, I am getting this error:

*** InternalError: Error getting access token. Response code: 400, Content:
{
  "error" : "invalid_grant",
  "error_description" : "Invalid JWT: Token must be a short-lived token and
in a reasonable timeframe"
}

I assume I have provided the service account with the correct permissions
for what I want, which are:

Storage Object Creator
Storage Object Viewer
Service Account Actor which I assume I need to access the token, not really
sure.

I would appreciate some direct Google help here or any help from someone
that can give me an answer not a choice of paradigms. I have to say that
the Google Docs are failing dramatically. It is near impossible without
pouring over the stuff for hours to get clear recipe style format for
performing simple tasks. When there is smidgeon of hope it goes down the
toilet fast with an error for example, you set up the service accounts get
your key sorted  run your code and wham:

HTTPException: Invalid and/or missing SSL certificate for URL:

arrives like a big fat palm to smack you across the kisser. You Google and
Stackoverflow some more, and find out it's a bug with outdated certificates in
the sdk. Great, you fix that, try not to bang your head
against the nearest hard object, because then you won't have a computer to work
on, take a deep breath and run again. The bug above is where you arrive.

Do us techs a favour Google, if you are going to create software you want us to
use, provide adequate documentation to allow us to use them without reaching
for the damn zanax. Recipies,
and more recipes with clear cut examples. I'm not a technical mystery
detective, I'm a simple minded developer that is fed up to the back teeth of
having to trawl through your min
efield of documents just to do some simple

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0d6a3870-53e9-4c4f-8f5a-e14685d32df6%40googlegroups.com.