While the time spans you describe do sound fairly long considering the
related actions, there isn't really enough information to know exactly what
the root cause might be.

I would normally recommend consulting Stackdriver Trace
<https://cloud.google.com/trace/docs/quickstart> to get more reliable
statistics on the where the bulk of your application time is being spent.
 This will likely reveal exact times for calls to memcache, Datastore and
the URL Fetch service.  As for the overall time, you may look at the
*protoPayload.latency* in the Stackdriver Logging log entry for your
service to get the time during which the request was being handled by your
application.

To compare the above measurements with the end-user experience, you may
want to get a few HAR captures
<https://toolbox.googleapps.com/apps/har_analyzer/> of requests to your
application from a given client.  Studying this as well will allow you to
compare the total time for the request/response exchange to the time spent
by your application receiving/responding to the client request.

   - Do you have any more specific time frames for when you noticed such
   latency?
   - Are you using the standard or flexible environment?
   - Where is your application serving and where are client requests coming
   from?
   - How are you measuring the time taken for the various operations you
   listed?
   - Are the more significant latencies specific to a particular service,
   endpoint, URL, etc.?

Regarding charges with App Engine front-end instance hours, there was a known
issue <https://issuetracker.google.com/36201328> with charges not being
applied correctly.  I would recommend following that public issue closely
for updates.  You may also receive communications if it was determined that
your project(s) was/were affected.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/633a17a3-948e-423a-9ce7-528c99c5abaa%40googlegroups.com.