The lwip library is failing to build libpng, which it depends on. The error
mentions "see the notes in pngpriv.h". If you check the comments in that
source file
<https://github.com/EyalAr/lwip/blob/master/src/lib/png/pngpriv.h#L805>
they say this:

#  error ZLIB_VERNUM != PNG_ZLIB_VERNUM \
      "-I (include path) error: see the notes in pngpriv.h"
   /* This means that when pnglibconf.h was built the copy of zlib.h that it
    * used is not the same as the one being used here.  Because the build of
    * libpng makes decisions to use inflateInit2 and inflateReset2 based on
the
    * zlib version number and because this affects handling of certain
broken
    * PNG files the -I directives must match.
    *
    * The most likely explanation is that you passed a -I in CFLAGS. This
will
    * not work; all the preprocessor directories and in particular all the
-I
    * directives must be in CPPFLAGS.
    */

Do you get this error when running 'npm install' and testing locally, or
does it only occur when running 'gcloud app deploy'?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a2582138-3990-4d30-916c-adee8505696c%40googlegroups.com.