For a specific task request handler I'm observing elevated
TransactionFailedError (too much contention) while *reading* certain
entity-groups inside cross-group transactions (GAE Standard, Python 2.7,
NDB). In almost all cases, the error message will blame either of two
entity-groups, which are read-only inside the transaction. Moreover, there
had been no write-ops at all to these entity-groups for a long time, so I'm
100% certain, there was no other request that tried or performed a write op
to these two entity groups, which could cause version conflicts. (More
details on StackOverflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/43528357/transactionfailederror-too-much-contention-when-reading-cross-group-entit>
)

I understand the concept of entity-groups, that there is no guarantee for
exceeding 1 write-op per second per entity group, and that there is a max
of 25 entity groups possible inside an xg transaction (and 5 transactional
tasks can be added at most). But somehow, it seems that I miss something.
Is there also a read limitation inside transactions or something else that
would explain why getting an entity from Datastore would raise this error?

--
HATZIS Edelstahlbearbeitung GmbH
Hojen 2

Handelsregister Kempten (Allgäu): HRB 4204
Geschäftsführer: Paulos Hatzis, Charalampos Hatzis
Umsatzsteuer-Identifikationsnummer: DE 128791802

http://www.hatzis.de/

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/b629f650-2234-4da6-b586-c7429436d9dd%40googlegroups.com.