Just noticed the Development/2.0 string in the response. When testing on
the development server, the Cloud Storage client only interacts with the
default bucket or the bucket set as the default on the command line. You
can change the default bucket
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/googlecloudstorageclient/setting-up-cloud-storage#using_the_client_library_with_the_development_app_server>

by running dev_appserver.py with the --default_gcs_bucket_name
[BUCKET_NAME] flag on the command line.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3abdd675-24ca-425b-8eb7-7de8d143f8b7%40googlegroups.com.