Hello George,

I have again followed all the instructions on the page
<https://cloud.google.com/community/tutorials/run-laravel-on-appengine-flexible>

you linked. My app.yaml file now looks like this:

runtime: php
env: flex

runtime_config:
  document_root: public

skip_files: false

env_variables:
  # The values here will override those in ".env". This is useful for
  # production-specific configuration. However, feel free to set these
  # values in ".env" instead if you prefer.
  APP_LOG: errorlog
  STORAGE_DIR: /tmp
  APP_KEY: base64:KEY
  CACHE_DRIVER: database
  SESSION_DRIVER: database
  ## Set these environment variables according to your CloudSQL
configuration.
  DB_HOST: localhost
  DB_DATABASE: zoho_portal
  DB_USERNAME: root
  DB_PASSWORD: PASS
  DB_SOCKET: "/cloudsql/zoho-portal-159018:us-central1:zoho-portal"

beta_settings:
    cloud_sql_instances: "zoho-portal-159018:us-central1:zoho-portal"

I also tried adding in unix_socket, but this isn't required in Laravel
versions >= 5.4.16 according to the tutorial. But, I am still faced with
the "No such file or directory" error when I visit
https://zoho-portal-159018.appspot.com/.
<https://zoho-portal-159018.appspot.com/>

I connected to my cloud_sql_proxy by setting -dir="/var/run/mysqld/" and
then I ran the migrations. The only thing where I have some doubt is when
we migrate our database, I think this is being done locally, because when I
run "mysql -h 127.0.0.1 -u root -p -e 'SHOW DATABASES;'" it shows me all my
local databases. Could this be the reason why I'm getting the "No such file
or directory" error? Please take a look and let me know.

Thank you,
Adeel

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 at 8:29:30 PM UTC+5, George (Cloud Platform
Support) wrote:

> Hello Adeel,
>
> Your app.yaml file is peculiar in some ways. It might be of value to you
> checking the "Run Laravel on Google App Engine Flexible Environment"
> instructions page
> <https://cloud.google.com/community/tutorials/run-laravel-on-appengine-flexible>.
>
> In the "Set up Database Sessions" subchapter, you do not skip environment
> variables with "skip_files:
>   - .env", and the line for the app key is missing: "APP_KEY:
> YOUR_APP_KEY". These instructions assume you log in as root, not as user.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/a64d2200-aada-4ac4-9254-048d3c76a493%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine]... Adeel Ahmad
    • [google-appen... Javier Pedrera
    • [google-appen... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • Re: [goog... 'Takashi Matsuo' via Google App Engine
      • [google-a... Adeel Ahmad
        • [goog... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
        • [goog... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • [... Javier Pedrera
          • [... Javier Pedrera
          • [... Javier Pedrera
          • [... Adeel Ahmad
            • ... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... Adeel Ahmad