Using the recommended way of connecting a .Net application running in App
Engine Flexible .Net to SQL AppEngine Flex
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/dotnet/using-cloud-sql> (all
networks allowed to connect to MySql Instance with SSL) we saw many
unauthenticated logon attempts that we assume have caused some of our
connection issues recently.

Is there no better(More Secure) way to connect?

Can't we use Google Cloud SQL Proxy to rather connect and limit authorized
networks using standard capability?

Its seems like only dotnetcore apps that are required to directly connect
to it
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/dotnet/using-cloud-sql#setting_the_connection_string>
 (MySQL
GCLOUD)